Live Streaming Services are one of the most popular streaming services among all types of businesses. Video Conferencing is no less popular than live streaming when it comes to holding corporate meetings, conferences, etc. both these services are unique in their own ways. It ultimately depends on the event requirements as well as the choice of the target audience.
In this blog, we’ll discuss in detail video conferencing and live to stream. In addition to this, we’ll also cover the role of live-streaming service providers in delivering quality videos to users.
Live Streaming – All You Need To Know
Let’s start with live streaming. It is basically, the real-time delivery of the video by the service providers. In addition to this, the video is nonrecordable and downloadable at the receiver end. Now, coming to its functionality it uses different encoders and decoders which break the video files into small chunks of data for smooth transmission over the internet.
Live streaming service providers in India use low latency protocols for maintaining video quality even with lower bandwidth connections. Additionally, Live streaming is the most popular option when covering sporting tournaments, concerts, etc.
Video Conferencing – Corporate’s First Choice For Hosting Meetings
Video conferencing is face-to-face communication between two or more individuals sitting in distant places. This service is mostly taken into use for organizing corporate meetings, annual summits, etc. Video conferencing is done with the help of microphones, camera setup, display screens, and most importantly, an active internet connection.
Zoom Meetings, Dreamcast, Microsoft Teams, and Google Hangouts, are a few examples of video conferencing platforms. A conference with little more than twenty people, a job interview, and a Zoom training program are a few examples of situations in which video conferencing takes place.
Live Streaming Vs Video Conferencing: Similarities
Here are some of the key similarities between these streaming platforms. However, it depends on the event requirements to choose the appropriate streaming service –
• Both of the streaming services show content in real time to the viewers. The actions are purely raw and uneditable from the host side. In addition to this, chats and discussions can be easily carried out in both these services.
• Both platforms are present for maximizing audience engagement. That’s what their roles are !! However, Live streaming is also focusing on increasing the audience count as well.
• Both of these services come with the option of sharing the screen. They are also used to show the recorded content to their viewers along with textual and visual information.
• Chat features are an integral part of live streaming as well as video conferencing. It ensures active participation at the user end with the raising of queries. Famous event live-streaming service providers use these features for noting down real-time feedback.
Live Streaming Vs Video Conferencing: Key Differences
Below are some of the key differences between these services which makes them unique in their own ways –
• Best Live streaming services have a global reach in context to the audience whereas in Video Conferencing number of attendees present is less.
• One major difference between both platforms is the screen-sharing space. In the case of live streaming, users do not share their screens. However, Video Conferencing allows users at both ends to share the screen for face-to-face interaction.
• Limitation in Video Conferencing makes the perfect connection between the host and the attendees. They can easily interact with each other over different topics. However, this is not the case with Live Streaming where only emojis are available to share your feeling.
• There is no doubt that Live Streaming offers high-quality resolutions to choose from to watch the event. On the other hand, the quality of the video is satisfactory in the case of Video Conferencing.
• You have total control over what your audience sees when you stream live. This entails giving visitors the appropriate amount of screen space to be highlighted, positioning logos and brand components on the screen, including text elements that support your message, and showcasing sponsors.
• With a fantastic host, the audience steers their own experience rather than relaxing and taking it easy while watching. On the other side, live streamers control the experience and decide all the details of guest appearances, similar to an evening chat show or news broadcast.
Selection Of The Best Service For Your Event
Both these platforms are perfect in their own ways. By mentioning the above points in relation to similarities and differences, the picture has become quite clear. If you want to host a private meeting, a gathering of a group of people, job interviews, etc. “Video Conferencing” is the best choice for you.
On the other hand, if your aim is to maximize the audience reach and make your content accessible at the global level, then there is no better option than “Live Streaming” your event.
If something is happening in the organization that has to be kept confidential, then we have video conferencing on our side.
The main reason is that real-time video conferencing technology allows communications to be sent and received quickly. Additionally, this system maintains a window for each competitor, encouraging them to actively participate in the competition. When communicating with a small group of people and not having the broader public be the only audience, video conferencing is definitely a superior option.
With the recent innovations, it has become necessary to keep evolving with the trend. In this digital age, in comparison with In personal event solutions, Live Streaming and Video Conferencing offer much more reliability with ease and comfort.
Additionally, live streaming gives you, the host, complete control over what your audience may see. Livestreaming beats video conferencing despite being easier to set up. You may have a unique experience with live streaming that will change your presentations.
The first thing to note here is how to utilize these platforms to their full potential. Only then will they generate the results that you are looking for. In addition to this, proper research in the context of event goals, audience interests, and budget should be conducted to get the best results.