When you’re ready to upgrade your old blinds or install new ones, the choices seem endless. The type of blinds that will suit your home depend on a variety of factors, including function, design and budget. Let’s take a look at four of the main types of modern blinds: Roller, Vertical, Roman, and Venetian.
Roller blinds are an elegant window covering that provides precise sun control. They’re clean and simple both when they’re lowered, and when they’re raised. These blinds work well on large windows as well as small windows.
- Double Or Single System – One the reasons why I avoid tie backs is because they can create a privacy issue. Privacy screens and fabric room dividers have a liberal effect on the area of privacy and visual interest.
- Linked Or Split System – Control blinds independently or linked with separate blinds on adjoining windows, which is ideal for large walls of windows.
- Fabrics – Blockout, sunscreen, translucent.
- Colours – Virtually unlimited! Even choose from fun prints made just for kids’ rooms.
- Fascia Or Cassette – Decide how you want to enclose your blind system and colour-coordinate the encasing to match.
- Motors – Automate the operation of your roller blinds with the push of a button. This is especially useful for large expanses of blinds.
Horizontal blinds are traditionally used to cover sliding doors and patio doors, but they can also be used on smaller windows in a living room or bedroom. They’re particularly popular in offices, where they cover large expanses of windows.
- Weights – Keep blinds from blowing in the wind: weights & chains; special weights; sewn-in weights.
- Fabric – Blockout, light filtering, low allergenic and flame-retardant fabrics available.
- Colours – Countless colours and textures to customise the look to your home’s décor.
- Stack Options – Left, right, centre or split depending on where the window or door opening is.
- Durable – Single drapes are easily replaced if damaged.
- Slat Sizes – 63mm, 89mm, 100mm, 127mm.
Roman blinds are made of horizontal panels of fabric that create an elegant, tailored look whether raised or lowered. There are many different fabrics that some offer more privacy, others offer easier care. The fabric is connected in the front or back by a batten. When the blinds are raised, the battens create neat folds.
- Battens – Hidden metal battens on the back or exposed wooden battens on the front for visual interest.
- Fabrics – Blockout, or light filtering.
- Colours – Dozens of fabrics available in solids, prints and textures.
- Health & Safety – Low allergenic and fire-retardant fabrics available.
These blinds are what most people think about when they picture conventional blinds. These are horizontal slats that can be adjusted with a wand, raised or lowered with a cord — but there are many styles of venetian blinds today.
Aluminium – Venetian blinds are versatile, practical, and economical. They come in a wide variety of colors and styles, and they can be cut to fit windows of any size and installed across a room.
- Durable – Variety of thicknesses to increase strength.
- Eco-Friendly – Made from 95% recycled aluminium.
- Energy Efficient – Optional Thermostop Slats improves insulation.
- Colours – Choose from dozens of colours including neutrals, pastels, and metallic.
- Finishes – Satin, gloss, matt, brushed, pearlised.
- Slat Size – 16mm, 25mm, 50mm.
Timber Or Timber Look – Timber venetian blinds are a stylish and versatile window covering that can be styled in a range of ways depending on the finishing technique used and where they are installed.
- Durable – Real wood or Polystyrene Compound (PVC).
- Eco-Friendly – Timber sourced from sustainable growth forests.
- Colours – Real timber is light, medium or dark or can be painted a neutral variation. Timber look can be smooth or feature wood grain and comes in a variety of colours.
- Slat Size – Real timber cedar (46mm, 60mm), basswood (50mm, 63mm). Timber look (50mm, 63mm).
Let Country Blinds Help You Choose The Best Blinds For Your Home
Schedule your free consultation with the experts from Country Blinds and let them help you choose the best blinds for your home.
Blinds from Country Blinds
Country Blinds’ Sheer Blinds are the perfect way to add a touch of luxury to your home. Made from top-quality materials, these blinds are sure to provide you with years of enjoyment.